August Manufacturing Update: Still on Track for November, Mold Revisions Looking Good

Our manufacturing continues to move forwards according to plan, with newly molded parts looking great. Take a look at some of the revised parts fresh off the molds below.

Here’s the logo molded into the handle, the winner of the poll we ran a couple of updates ago. The camera doesn’t capture the contrast between the textured logo and smooth handle as prominently as it shows in real life, but you can get an idea here:

Instafloss handle

And the revised reservoir with a light frosting effect on the base:

Resevoir for Water Flosser

As well as some light frosting applied to the lid:

Water Tank for Waterflosser

Finally, another neat detail which we wanted to share is the revised PCB. This PCB is the final version which will ship in all Instafloss units. The only difference between it and the PCBs we were using for testing is the length of the potentiometer and reset button. (The unit seen here is without the knob, which would cover the potentiometer.)

Instafloss' Adjustable water flosser control board

But that’s not what we wanted you to see, this is:

Instafloss Internals

Our manufacturer surprised us by printing our logo onto the control board. This little detail is a nice way to bring closure to our troubles securing many of the components on this very board. Seeing that logo there, along with our completed PCB is like a nice bow to wrap up the end of our electronics troubles and delays.

Here’s to hoping the world calms down and we don’t have trouble sourcing for future manufacturing runs, though if it doesn’t we’re more prepared now than ever before to deal with this kind of adversity.

13 comments

Aug 18, 2022 • Posted by Jeremy H.

Great to see the incredible progress! Getting closer to having a unit on my sink! Thanks for what you do. Appreciated, you are.
———
Instafloss replied:
Thank you, Jeremy! We get more and more excited with each manufacturing milestone that we pass. We can’t wait to get an Instafloss to your sink :)

With Smiles, The Instafloss Team

Sep 02, 2022 • Posted by Jeremy H.

Aug 17, 2022 • Posted by Kim Smith

Thank you so much for sharing the new pics and info!! I can’t wait to receive my Instafloss! 😊
———
Instafloss replied:
Of course, Kim! We can’t wait to deliver yours :)

With Smiles, The Instafloss Team

Aug 16, 2022 • Posted by Cherie

SOOOoooo exciting!!! :D YIPPY!!! Lovely!!!

Aug 16, 2022 • Posted by Lisa Young

Dear Instafloss Team,
So happy for all the progress & the pictures to show! Can’t wait to get my Instafloss, soon! Keep up with the great work!
———
Instafloss replied:
Thank you very much, Lisa!

We’re glad you like the pictures as much as we do – the Instafloss logo on the PCB was a very pleasant surprise :)

With Smiles, The Instafloss Team

Aug 16, 2022 • Posted by Ms Margie

Can’t wait! I am rooting for you Instafloss! It will be a life changing product. I know it will change mine by saving me time and improving my gum health.
———
Instafloss replied:
That’s our hope, Ms Margie!

Thank you so much for your support and kindness, we can’t wait to bring Instafloss to you :)

With Smiles, The Instafloss Team

Aug 16, 2022 • Posted by Judy Willour

I am so glad that production is moving along. Because I struggle so much to handle flossers with my weak hands, I am really looking forward to using Instafloss.

———
Instafloss replied:
We’re glad to be approaching delivery too, Judy.

One of our goals in making Instafloss was enabling more people to floss by making it more accessible to those who find traditional methods difficult. We’re very excited to deliver your Instafloss.

With Smiles, The Instafloss Team

Aug 16, 2022 • Posted by Kirk Gossett

I can’t wait to get my two units

Aug 16, 2022 • Posted by Derrick

I like the way it looks. Very professional looking. It’s been a long road wondering if things will turn out ok. My wife was worried our money was for nothing but she is reassured when we get updates like this. Thank you!
———
Instafloss replied:
You’re very welcome, Derrick!

We’re glad you like the design – we can’t wait to make flossing quicker, more comfortable, and more effective for you and your wife!

With Smiles, The Instafloss Team

Aug 16, 2022 • Posted by Kathy McSteen

Looking forward to finally getting mine. Good luck on your progress!